As a retired senior Naval officer with over 24 years of experience, Robert is a recognized expert in DoD, weapon systems and platform cyber resiliency solutions.
In his role as Deputy Director for the NAVAIR CYBERSAFE program, he developed policies, standards, and instructions at the highest levels for the execution of the Navy’s CYBERSAFE program, as well as developed tools and provided hands on support for the certification of NAVAIRs weapon systems and platforms. Along this effort, Robert was influential in coordinating and integrating efforts across industry, DoD and other government agencies, in developing and implementing Cyber SCRM policies
and standards for the Navy.
In his position as Military Deputy for Cross Warfare Programs at the Naval Warfare Center Training Systems Division (NAWCTSD), he had direct oversight of more than 72 projects with a total value of $1.7B providing research, development, acquisition and logistics sustainment of training systems and mobile learning solutions for the Navy. He was the Lead for the Navy's Ready Relevant Learning initiative delivering training across multiple platforms increasing readiness and reducing training time.
- Co-Chair of the Advanced Technology Academic Research Center (ATARC) SCRM working group
- Contributing member of the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) Information and Communications Technology (ICT) Supply Chain Risk Management (SCRM) Task Force, as well as the Military Cyber Professionals Association (MCPA)
Civic4th Degree Knight with Knights of Columbus
- Bachelors Degree in Aerospace Engineering University of Texas Austin
- Masters Degree in Aeronautical Engineering Air Force Institute of Technology
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Cyber Maturity Model Certification (CMMC) Registered Practitioner